Results you can trust. All from the comfort of home.
Before we can declare your vasectomy reversal procedure a complete success, we have to check on a few things that should be happening down below.
Rather than another visit to our office or a lab to "produce a sample" with strangers walking past the room, we offer a more efficient & way less awkward testing option.
So, what are we looking for?
We test to look at the number of swimmers, their motility (how they're moving), morphology (doc speak "their shape & structure"), and of course, the volume of semen.
If the data looks promising, you and your partner could have a shot at making a baby naturally.
It's important to note that even after a successful reversal, you might need to test a few times. And, you might not make it back to 100% fertility. Various factors can affect the outcome, including the length of time since your original vasectomy.
If the semen analysis shows less than optimal results, it doesn't mean all hope is lost. There are other available options, including cryopreservation, which will allows for assisted reproductive technologies (ART), such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), that can still help you guys have a baby.
At Home Testing
We have partnered with Fellow to bring a clinical-quality testing experience to each patient's home.
Fellow's mail-in, CLIA–approved semen analysis testing system meets or exceeds all FDA requirements for analysis.
Trusted medical sources conclude that this type of testing can be used in clinical practice to evaluate the success of your vasectomy procedure.
We're committed to providing "the best" experience for our patients. There are many benefits of our partnership with Fellow, including:
- Convenience. No need for another trip to a doctor's office or clinical lab. And, shipping fees are covered.
- Privacy. Let's be honest…collecting a sample in an office setting is weird for everyone.
- Trust. Medically researched, doctor approved. CLIA-approved testing ensures accurate results.
- Security. Your data is yours (and yours only). We take your privacy seriously. All results are kept anonymous, and are only shared with you and Dr. Matson.
- Tested + Protected. Every sample is securely stored in Fellows' state-of-the-art lab as it awaits testing. Once a sample is analyzed, it is immediately destroyed.
- Fast results. You'll be notified via email as soon as the analysis is complete, typically two days after the sample is received at the testing lab.
- Expert-level access. In the event that your results are anything less than perfect, Dr. Matson will reach out to discuss options and provide guidance.